Our core Income Protection product, Protect, gives you many choices when it comes to price, flexible options and everyday value.
- Choice of level guaranteed premiums (fixed price throughout term of policy) or age-costed guaranteed premiums (price increases as you get older)
- Choice of how much benefit you need based on a percentage of your yearly income before tax up to a maximum of £57,000 a year or £4,750 a month
- Choice of whether or not your cover and premiums increase with the cost of living
- Choice of how long you’d need to receive your benefit for – either 1, 2 or 5 years or until your policy ends up to a maximum age of 70
- Choice of how soon your benefit payments would start if you needed to claim - either after 4 days of continuous illness or injury with our day 1 waiting period (for age-costed guaranteed premiums until policy end age only),after 1 week (for age-costed guaranteed premiums only) or 4, 8, 13, 26 or 52 weeks of being unable to work due to illness or injury
- If you’re a teacher or NHS dentist, doctor, midwife, nurse or surgeon we offer a sick pay protection option with our 52 week waiting period which gives you flexible benefit payments around your sick pay without having to change your waiting period each year
- Benefit guarantee of up to £1,500 a month if you experience a genuine drop in income before making a claim
- Option where you may be able to increase your benefit after certain life changes without having to answer any more health questions subject to criteria in our Terms and Conditions
- Option to pay your benefit directly to your mortgage lender when you come to claim to avoid any impact on means-tested state benefits
- Option to pause your cover and premiums for a set period if you’re facing financial difficulties or your circumstances change
- Access to our range of additional benefits at no extra cost whether you claim or not through our discretionary BF Care and Mutual Benefits programmes
To request Protect policy information including the Policy Summary (Key Facts) and Terms and Conditions, please contact our Member Services Team on 01234 358 344 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Protect is an advised policy which means it can only be purchased with the advice from a Financial Adviser. If you are interested in purchasing a policy, you can find more information about finding a Financial Adviser in your area at www.fca.org.uk/consumers/finding-adviser.